Economic Development Committee
Staff Liaison: Michael Varney, (520) 792-2250 X 131
The Tucson Metro Chamber’s Economic Development Committee is working hard to support local companies and grow new ones. Healthy local companies translate into well-paying jobs for local families. The Chamber’s economic development agenda includes the following initiatives:
• Improving the interface between government and business in important areas such as zoning, permitting and building inspections.
• Promoting the development of Tucson’s downtown urban core.
• Solving problems faced by local companies so they don’t relocate to other cities.
• Promoting the growth of emerging businesses
• Promoting a local purchasing preference by local government procurement offices.